|Coaching Transition Play|
Full Sessions from the Tactics of
Pochettino, Sarri, Jardim & Sampaoli
|Learn to «Coach Transition Play» – Defence to Attack and from Attack to Defence|
with 83 Practices based on 22 Transition Game Situations from the Tactics of:
Mauricio Pochettino, Maurizio Sarri, Leonardo Jardim and Jorge Sampaoli
|After the hugely popular Coaching Transition Play book, volume 2 provides more new ideas to help coaches improve their training sessions in the most important phases of the modern game – the transition phases.|
Some of the best performing coaches and teams during the transition phases in recent years (Pochettino’s Tottenham, Sarri’s Napoli, Jardim’s Monaco & Sampaoli’s Sevilla) have been studied so you the coach, can learn to input their tactics into your training sessions.
This book provides tactical analysis of Mauricio Pochettino, Maurizio Sarri, Leonardo Jardim and Jorge Sampaoli’s tactics.
Michail Tsokaktsidis is a UEFA ‘A’ Licence coach and has used this analysis to produce 20 full sessions (83 practices) including:
- Transition Games
- Fast Break Attacks
- Counter Attacking
- Small Sided Games
- Pressing to Win the Ball
- Defensive Reactions to Recover the Ball
- Team Shape and Organisation
You can use these ready-made sessions to practice these top coaches’ tactics and find solutions for every tactical situation:
- Transition from defence to attack in the Low, Middle and High Zones.
- Transition from attack to defence in the Low, Middle and High Zones.
|Learn to «Coach Transition Play» with Full Sessions from the Tactics of Pochettino, Sarri, Jardim & Sampaoli»|
- 200 Pages
- FULLCOLOUR Print
- 22 Game Situations
- 20 Sessions
- 83 Practices
- U12-Pro Level
|20 Transition Play Tactical Analysis Topics including:|
- Pochettino: High Intensity Pressing and Fast Break Attack from the Middle Zone
- Sarri: Exploiting Free Space in the Opposition Half with a Fast Break Attack
- Jardim: Fast and Direct Counter Attacks with Through Ball in Behind
- Sampaoli: Fast Transition with Midfielders Tracking Back to Get Behind the Ball
83 Practices (20 Full Sessions) including:
- Direct Counter Attacks with Driving Support Runs in a Position Specific 2 Zone Game
- High Press to Win the Ball + Fast Attack in a 2 Zone Small Sided Game
- High Intensity Pressing in the Middle Zone and Fast Break Attack in a 3 Zone Game
- Quickly Returning into Defensive Shape After an Attack in a Dynamic 11 v 6 Practice
- Switching the Point of Defence to Recover the Ball as Quickly as Possible in a Dynamic Game
- Condensing the Space After Losing Possession in the Low Zone with a Numerical Disadvantage
Full Book Contents: Click Here
|What the Coaches Say on the «Importance of Transition Play»|
«The players have told me since that, even today, they still hear Jesus [Poch’s assistant] yelling out ‘press, press, press’ in their dreams.“ “I like football to be played well from the back, to have movement both in and out of possession, to pressure high up the pitch, and to be attacking.”
This book includes Pochettino’s Transition Tactics with Sessions on how to practice them.
Dries Mertens (Napoli) “The thing I love the most about his style of football is the way he organises the phases when we are off the ball and structures the pressure we put on opponents when they’ve got the ball at their feet. It feels like he has already played the game out in his head and on the field you have an extra man.»
This book includes Sarri’s Transition Tactics with Sessions on how to practice them.
TRANSITION FROM DEFENCE TO ATTACK – After winning the ball, the first Monaco pass was quick and forward, leading to a fast break attack with equal numbers of players (2 v 2, 3 v 3 and 4 v 4) or with a numerical advantage/overload situation (3 v 2, 4 v 3, 2 [+1] v 2 and 3 [+1] v 3).
This book includes Jardim’s Transition Tactics with Sessions on how to practice them.